How To Uninstall an Add-On on the One Alliance Build and Remove Shortcuts
People need to be aware that Add-Ons are out of OneAlliance control and what works well today may not tomorrow, you certainly get out of Kodi what you put into Kodi. We often see people saying some Add-Ons are not working, that is not surprise given what I have just said, but if you wish to remove certain Add-Ons you find not great at a personal level and wish to remove from your shortcuts and build we have this guide below to make it so you can do such thing.
Another guide you may find useful is how to Add to the build with customizing shortcuts and main menus, Please note there is no way in keeping menu changes you make permanent (in other words when the build updates it will reset these changes), see the guide for more info
Some people may want to remove add-ons and shortcuts from within the build, this maybe for various reasons from not using a add-on or a add-on no longer working To remove a shortcut:
- Open Kodi/1AMC
- Go to System Section and then select SKIN SETTINGS (In the Sub Menu)
- Select SET UP THE AEON NOX MAIN MENU
- Go to whatever main section the Add-on is in then move across to MANAGE SUBMENU and select
- Now you will see the list of shortcuts (Add-Ons) for that section you have chosen, Simply scroll up or down to navigate to the shortcut you want to delete, then move to the right and select DELETE. This will not remove the addon from the build.
Now you have done the above you will now need to know how to uninstall/remove a add-on you do not use.
To Remove a Add-On from your OneAlliance build please follow the below:
- Open Kodi/1AMC
- Go to Add-Ons Section and then select
- You will now see all the Add-Ons that is on the build, go to whatever Add-On you wish to remove then hit (C button on keyboard) if you have keyboard then select INFORMATION, You will now see a option to uninstall, If you are on Firestick or FireTV the 3 lines will work, or long press this method also works on touchscreen phones and tablets.
***TO ENSURE THAT YOUR CHANGES IN REMOVED ADD-ONS AND ADDED ADD-ONS TRANSFER WHEN THE NEXT AUTO UPDATE IS RELEASED, MAKE SURE YOU ADD TO WHITE LIST FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW***
Save Addons and repos to your White List:
WhiteList items (along with dependencies) will not be removed when performing a fresh start or the userdata overwritten in the build itself)
1. Select BUILDS sub menu under [1A] > (1A) Save Data Menu
2. (1A) Keep my Whitelist > Toggle to ON
3. Select (1A) Edit my Whitelist > scroll down and select any addons or repos you downloaded yourself.
4. To exit, press the back button or scroll to the top and select –Click here to Continue–
[Image below shows Renegades addon that I have downloaded as a example and saved to my build]