Add Shortcuts to Menu + Sub menu on OneAlliance
Add Shortcuts to Menu & Submenu on One Alliance Build
A few people have asked how to add shortcuts to add-ons in the main menu and also how to add shortcuts to sections within add-ons to submenu of the Aeon Nox 5 skin on One Alliance.
As much as we try and make everything possible, any menu changes made WILL NOT be transferrable on any future updates as the new update overwrites the data with the new data.
Here is a simple how to:
From your Home Screen select SYSTEM > Skin Settings
- Select Home Window > Setup the Aeon Nox Main Menu
- Scroll down and select one of the Custom links you want to change (You can not add extra main menu options as One Alliance has used all 18 available slots, so you will need to Edit Label (Change a menu options name), ideally change a section you do not use)
- Select Default Select Action
- We are now going to choose the add-on that opens when the new menu entry we are creating is selected. In this example we are using Specto so we select Add-On as Specto is an add-on
- Select Specto
- We are now inside of the Specto add-on and this is where we want to open when the new menu entry we are creating is selected so in here we select Create Shortcut to Here
- You will now see that Custom 1 has changed to Specto. So the menu entry has been created but it isn’t visible in your main menu yet.
- Move to the right hand side of the screen and select Enable. Now you have done that Specto has been made visible in your main menu. Now we can move on to adding shortcuts to sections in the Specto submenu. Stay on this screen, do not back out yet.
- In the same window scroll down and select Manage Submenu
- You will now be in the submenu setup screen. On the left you will see details of shortcuts you have added to the submenu, the middle section contains actions and the right hand screen has the different types of shortcuts you can add.
- What we need to do here is highlight TYPE in the middle section
- Now you need to keep clicking TYPE until the shortcut header says Add-On
- Scroll down and select Specto
- We are now in the Specto add-on and can see the different sections that are visible when you open the add-on from the add-Ons menu. As we are adding a link to the new releases we select New Releases
- We are now in the New Releases section so we can select Create Shortcut to Here as we want the shortcut in the submenu to open up in here
- You will need to now Set Label (Name the shortcut New Releases)
- You will now see the submenu shortcut to New Releases. If you wanted to add more Specto shortcuts you would just click on Add and repeat the process but select different sections